Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Save the date: Comic-Con San Diego

Oh mais oui, next month will be that geek extravaganza Comic-Con

Last year I went to Comic-Con for the first time ever (as a present to myself for my 40th birthday) and had a very good time that included:

  • Scoring a couple of the EC comics reprints, which my good friends Erik and Gerry then got signed by Al Feldstein, one of the last surviving creators of the EC comics
  • Attending the Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog panel and the Mystery Science Theater 3000 reunion panel
  • Seeing the ever-wonderful Ray Bradbury
  • Scoring some rare lobby cards for the movie Pink Floyd: The Wall
  • Getting autograph and photo with current top-ranked imaginary boyfriend Nathan Fillion
  • And let's not forget the simple joy of communing with like-minded nerds

Of course, Comic-Con being so crowded and with so much going on, I completely missed out on runner-up imaginary boyfriend Hugh Jackman and caught only a glimpse of yet another imaginary boyfriend Bruce Campbell; missed the live Dr. Horrible performance; missed so many other things.

What will this year's Con be like? Who can say? All I know is that I'll be there - all four days - Thursday July 22 - Sunday July 26. I'll be wearing a hat (black fedora or straw panama, depending on my outfit) and most likely will have a big grin on my face. 



No comments:

Post a Comment