Sunday, March 6, 2011

Kelly's big score ("me day" edition)

Really, really needed a "me day" so I took one, and went up to Solvang with the express purpose of cruising the bookstores at my own pace, unencumbered by others.

At Valley Books I said hello to the ever-awesome Courtney and traded in a bunch of used books. I got:

Dreamsongs Vol. 1 - George R. R. Martin (this should tide me over until A Dance With Dragons, and yes it's weird to say that and not be sarcastic)

Sharp Objects - Gillian Flynn

Two Calvin and Hobbes books: A Magical World and The Days Are Just Packed

Then it was on to Martins' Used Books, where I got:

The Gamble - LaVyrle Spencer

Cry to Heaven - Anne Rice

Tinsel - William Goldman (yoohoo Albert - now I don't have to borrow this from you!)

And a bunch of John D. MacDonald's Travis McGee books

Then at The Book Loft I picked up:

A Maiden Fair - Joyce Carol Oates

Poison - Sara Poole

Now that's what I call a productive day!

No comments:

Post a Comment