Saturday, September 29, 2012

Editing, editing, editing

The plans to publish my two-book suspense series are well underway. I'm giving the two novels one last edit to make minor changes and to catch any errors that have slipped through earlier edits. Although I'm going to publish the books separately - Ashes this fall/winter and Reckoning in the second half of next year, I'm editing them together. I've been told that director John Cassavetes said, "Continuity is for pussies," but he could get away with that, because he was John Cassavetes. I am not, and I feel compelled to make sure everything synchs up.

The good news is that I am done with the read-through and markups for Ashes. Now have to get started on read-through and markups for Reckoning (I am old-fashioned and do everything on hard copy). Even better news is that the books still hold up for me, so far, and that means you'll probably like them.

No comments:

Post a Comment