Thursday, December 25, 2008

God bless us every one!

I hope everyone had a lovely Christmas (or whatever holiday you celebrate).

Had some friends over for a feast including a roast with a garlic-herb crust, potatoes gratin savoyard, spinach salad with roasted garlic and bacon dressing, creamed corn, Yorkshire pudding with sage and bacon, and for dessert a red velvet cake. Tres yummy. Oh, and assorted beverages including Framboise raspberry beer. I'd made all of this before save for the Yorkshire pudding, which was quite nice comfort food. 

For some reason I received only one book this year, Alison Weir's biography of Eleanor of Aquitaine. Looking forward to that. I did also get $40 in Barnes and Noble gift cards so I'll certainly put those to good use. (Post-holiday sales, here I come!)

Young Master got quite a good haul of books, including the pop-up edition of 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea and a nice hardcover edition of Charlotte's Web. However, he's most excited about some young-adult Star Wars chapter books that were in his stocking. I will be happy when he can read these on his own as they are not my favorite to read to him. He also got The Mouse and the Motorcycle, which is an old favorite of mine.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment