Saturday, May 2, 2009

Kelly's big score

Recently got the Employee of the Month award from my employer (thanks!) and decided to do my bit to help the publishing industry in these tumultuous economic times. Went to Vroman's and came home with:

Comfortably Numb: The Inside Story of Pink Floyd - Mark Blake (Like I need another Pink Floyd book, but this one has some fun stuff I haven't read before.)

Mistress of the Sun - Sandra Gulland (I really enjoyed Gulland's Josephine books, so I'm looking forward to this.)

American Psycho - Bret Easton Ellis (One of these days I'll man up and read it, just so I can say that I have.)

Disturbing the Peace - Richard Yates (So good to see his work in print again.)

The Postman Always Rings Twice - James M. Cain (Never read any Cain before)

The Continental Op - Dashiell Hammett (Loved Red Harvest, figured I'll like this)

After Dark, My Sweet - Jim Thompson (Never read any Thompson before either)

The Choirboys - Joseph Wambaugh (My friend Gerry's been nagging me for ages to read this)

Jake's Wake - John Skipp and Cody Goodfellow (Haven't heard of this before but I liked Skipp's work with Craig Spector so I'll give this a shot)

A Dirty Job - Christopher Moore (Read this before and liked it, and it's my book club's pick for May)

Now that's a fine haul!

No comments:

Post a Comment