Last year I went to Comic-Con for the first time ever (as a present to myself for my 40th birthday) and had a very good time that included:
- Scoring a couple of the EC comics reprints, which my good friends Erik and Gerry then got signed by Al Feldstein, one of the last surviving creators of the EC comics
- Attending the Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog panel and the Mystery Science Theater 3000 reunion panel
- Seeing the ever-wonderful Ray Bradbury
- Scoring some rare lobby cards for the movie Pink Floyd: The Wall
- Getting autograph and photo with current top-ranked imaginary boyfriend Nathan Fillion
- And let's not forget the simple joy of communing with like-minded nerds
Of course, Comic-Con being so crowded and with so much going on, I completely missed out on runner-up imaginary boyfriend Hugh Jackman and caught only a glimpse of yet another imaginary boyfriend Bruce Campbell; missed the live Dr. Horrible performance; missed so many other things.
What will this year's Con be like? Who can say? All I know is that I'll be there - all four days - Thursday July 22 - Sunday July 26. I'll be wearing a hat (black fedora or straw panama, depending on my outfit) and most likely will have a big grin on my face.