Sunday, July 5, 2009

Random notes

Interesting news on several fronts.

- Independence Day BBQ a smashing success. 13 guests, three of whom were small children, and including three dogs. Everyone got along, no meltdowns, and the food was good (grilled chicken with root beer BBQ sauce, spinach salad with candied pecans, corn on the cob, cornbread (made in those cute cast-iron corn stick pans), summer berry pie).

- One of my BBQ guests is writing a cookbook, and invited me to be one of his "test kitchen" chefs for the recipes. This is one of the coolest things I've ever been asked to do. Can't wait!

- Took a gift card and coupon to the Barnes and Noble in Burbank and came home with: The Quick Red Fox (John D. MacDonald), The Killer Inside Me (Jim Thompson), World War Z (Max Brooks), The Widows of Eastwick (John Updike), and Something Borrowed (Emily Giffin). 

- My sister (and Constant Reader) Meg reported in with a positive review of my mystery Undertow. Now I feel all warm 'n' fuzzy.

Hope the holiday weekend was good for everyone out there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment