Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Why yes, I *would* like to go to the show, Mr. Waters

Roger Waters is putting on a tour of The Wall this year. He'll be here in Southern CA in November and December.

I was too young to see Pink Floyd's original performances of The Wall (1980 - how long ago that seems) so you can imagine I'm looking forward to this - something I never thought I'd see and will never get the chance to see again, most likely.

The Wall was the first Pink Floyd album I ever owned. I got it for my 12th birthday. And while I'm not as enamored of it as I used to be (mostly because I'm no longer an adolescent and have gotten out of my "nobody loves me, everybody hates me, think I'll go eat worms" phase), it's still an album that holds a very special place in my heart. (And it's still my go-to album to play when I'm pissed off.)

Moreover, a live performance represents the pinnacle of rock-music-as-theater. And now, God willing, I'll finally get to see it.*

Cannot wait!

*Provided Roger doesn't bail on me the way some of my idols did last year. Ennio Morricone and Nathan Fillion, I'm looking at both of you.




No comments:

Post a Comment