Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Late-breaking news: Fun at the Festival of Books

Egads, what is wrong with me! I completely spaced on letting my readership know how the L.A. Times Festival of Books went.

This was the festival's debut at USC campus, and although I had been very skeptical, I was pleased. The layout seemed to disperse the crowds somewhat, and I confess it was nice to not have to deal with those steps at UCLA. Restrooms and signage were plentiful and my only quibble was that some of the panel locations seemed far away from the main area.

At any rate, fun was had. I saw a panel about the future of publishing, met up with my friend Lynn, and of course, did some shopping. I came home with:

The Getaway and Pop. 1280 by Jim Thompson

Butcher's Moon by Richard Stark (although I can't see his name without thinking "Winter is coming.")

Helter Skelter by Vincent Bugliosi (fun fact - Charles Manson and I are the same height!)

The Help by Kathryn Stockett

Also got a Calvin & Hobbes book and an Asterix book for Alex.

No comments:

Post a Comment