Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Damn it feels good to be a fangirl

This past Sunday I had much fun at the Fangoria Weekend of Horror convention at the Los Angeles Convention Center.

Unfortunately I was only able to attend one day, and therefore missed Sam Raimi (among others). But nevertheless I enjoyed myself. The highlight of the day was chatting with actress Caroline Williams of Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2, and attending the subsequent panel that reunited Williams with director Tobe Hooper and actors Bill Moseley and Bill Johnson - all of them were friendly and sweet. 

That seems to be par for the course - the people who write/act in/compose/direct the most out-there stuff are usually the nicest and most down to earth.

Speaking of which - I also did some shopping, which included a poster for the movie Phantasm, which I got signed by the ever-awesome Reggie Bannister. I also got a book (Nightmare USA: The Untold Story of the Exploitation Independents), a poster for Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me, some Gothy jewelry and some Phantom of the Paradise buttons for my fangirl jacket. 

And the fun doesn't stop! Next Sunday I'll be the Los Angeles Times Festival of Books, held at the UCLA campus. Look for me shopping a lot, and attending the panel of that crazyyyyy fellow James "Demon Dog" Ellroy. 

Good times!

No comments:

Post a Comment