Sunday, January 17, 2010

Fangirl, Interrupted Part Two: The Quickening

Through total happenstance (i.e., loafing around on the SomethingAwful forums) I learned that four-day passes for Comic-Con 2010 are already sold out - as of NOVEMBER! And one-day passes for Saturday are sold out and Friday is at 99%.

What fresh hell is this? Contrary to popular opinion, many of those who attend Comic-Con are respectable citizens with lives and jobs and families, who do not live in our parents' basements. In November I was thinking about repairing my roof before the rains came and feeding people at Thanksgiving. NOT about an event which, while it is tremendously fabulous, was eight flippin' months in the future.

I am annoyed. I'm a newbie at Comic-Con (have only attended 2008 and 2009) but it was loads of fun. The folks down in San Diego have got to find a better way to run a railroad.

Oh well. At least I've got the L.A. Times Festival of Books in April, Weekend of Horror in May, and a Whedon Con in November. That ought to satisfy my nerditry.

No comments:

Post a Comment