Monday, September 21, 2009

My true motive revealed!

I gave my Dad, for his birthday in June, George R. R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire series. Yes, I did it because I knew he'd like this awesome series. But I had another, darker, more sinister reason.

Because I wanted someone to commiserate with me while I wait for book 5! And behold! My scheme was even more successful than I had planned, for Mom is now hooked on the series too! We can all wait together!

Of course, I did feel somewhat bad about this so I've promised that when A Dance With Dragons comes out, I'll buy them a hardcover copy. So we can all read it together. Whenever that may be.

(I promise, this will be the last time I grumble about the wait for A Dance With Dragons. I'm a writer, I know how these things go.)

No comments:

Post a Comment