Sunday, July 8, 2012

The music I had in mind

For those of you who haven't read my novel The Day After Yesterday, the protagonist is a musician. At one point in the book he composes an album, titled Winter Roses.

Several people have asked what the album sounds like. I confess that while I'm able to write novels, any sort of songwriting skills elude me. I was able to come up with song titles for this fictional album, a few lines of lyrics, and some details about the songs (which ones are instrumental, which ones are uptempo, etc.). But beyond that, you'll have to use your imagination.

The closest approximation I can make to the general tone and sound of the fictional album is this song by The Civil Wars. (My protagonist is a pianist, so the album has a lot of piano on it.)

Here's "The Violet Hour" by The Civil Wars. Their whole album is great, by all means pick it up.



No comments:

Post a Comment