Monday, January 7, 2013

The fun of unhappy endings

Those of you of a certain age will most likely remember the Choose Your Own Adventure book series fondly. For those of you who don't know, they were kids' adventure stories in which, at various points, you got to choose which action to take and therefore affect the outcome of the story in ways good and... not so good.

As any of you who've read the books will recall, there were bad endings aplenty. In fact, the whole series was fairly morbid for books aimed at kids and young adults. I seemed to get the "and you were never heard from again" endings all too often, which probably explains a lot about why I write what I do (if I ever get bored I'll write a Choose Your Own Adventure version of one of my books).

To stroll down memory lane, go ahead and check out these sites: Lose Your Own Adventure and You Chose Wrong will give you a bunch of unhappy endings for your adventures. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment