Thursday, July 18, 2013

Comic-Con 2013 Day 1: I'm gonna get some swag, only got $20 in my pocket...

Got up without too much urgency, met up with Karen's friend Colin, and we all made our way down to get our badges. I then dropped off some promotional swag for books by my friends Gary Glass and Emily Thompson at the freebie table, and then we all went downstairs to the exhibitor hall to do some shopping.

One of my first stops was William Wu Books, where I got a copy of the novelization of the film All That Jazz (and if that isn't an oddball rarity I don't know what is) and Psycho by Robert Bloch. Then I went back upstairs to the Sails Pavilion for an autograph session with Chuck Palahniuk, who signed my copy of Fight Club.

Then it was downstairs for more shopping. Can't go into details on all of it as some of the goods are surprises for folks back home, but I got a Jayne hat antenna ball, a Fantagraphics book of Al Williamson's comics work, a crime comics compilation called Crime Does Not Pay, a poster of the cover for Pink Floyd's Animals album, some buttons to go on the fangirl jacket, and a few other things.

We had an early dinner at La Fiesta, where we had some great Mexican food. Then it was back to the Convention Center for a Spike and Mike Animation show, which had some great stuff, and a viewing of Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog, which was fun as always.

It's late and tomorrow's an early day (hoping to get into the Agents of SHIELD panel) so I'll keep it brief and post photos tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment