Sunday, August 25, 2013

How it went: Ashes book signing at Vroman's Bookstore (with photos!)

Today was my first-ever book signing event! I joined two other local authors at Vroman's Bookstore in Pasadena, CA to read from and answer questions about my novel Ashes, with a signing to follow.

It was a thrill to see a full house in attendance (among them friends, some of whom were around and providing encouragement when I was first writing the book). I read a passage from the first chapter, answered some (very good) questions, and then signed some copies. I was able to say thank you to longtime fans, and possibly gain some new fans.

It was a tremendously rewarding experience, and I was not nearly as nervous as I would have thought I would be. My thanks go out to everyone who attended.

The upcoming events list at Vroman's. I'm left column, second from the top. 

The audience for the 8/25/13 Local Author event at Vroman's. 

Me talking about the book. Judging by my hand gestures, 
I think I'm talking about character and story arc. 

Me at the podium. I think I'm being asked a question at this point. 

Signing copies. Very odd to be on this side of the signing process. 

With the other local authors. 

Talking with a fan at the signing table.

No comments:

Post a Comment