Sunday, August 11, 2013

Kelly's Big Score: Back to the Beach edition

Road-tripped up to El Capitan State Beach yesterday (more on this soon) where I spent the day walking nature trails and lolling on the beach. About 3 p.m., when the breeze cooled things down and the marine layer started rolling in, I recalled that there is a used book store not far away in Ojai. It was on the way home with a small detour, so I went, and thank goodness I did.

Bart's Books is an outdoor store with labyrinthine shelves that have so many nooks and crannies you'd need all day to peruse the shelves thoroughly. I didn't have all day, but I was able to come home with:

  • Control - William Goldman (got two copies, actually, one for me and one for my buddy A.J.)
  • Shardik - Richard Adams
  • The Mouse That Roared - Leonard Wibberley
  • Damage - Josephine Hart
  • Deliverance - James Dickey
  • I the Jury/My Gun is Quick/Vengeance is Mine! - Mickey Spillane

I foresee another road trip soon to see the rest of what this store has to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment